Call us today to schedule an appointment for any of our dental services offered to residents of Conover, NC.
At Hickory Distinctive Dentistry, we are proud to offer quality general dentistry services for our neighbors in Conover, NC. We offer the best dental care available in our state-of-the-art facility. Give us a call if you are considering any of the following dental services.
- Dentures – Dentures are a replacement for missing teeth. They are not attached permanently, so they can be removed as you please. We can fit you with either full or partial dentures, depending on how many natural teeth you have remaining. Dentures take a bit of time to get accustomed to and may never feel completely comfortable, but they are definitely a better alternative to not having teeth at all.
- Teeth Cleaning – The best way to maintain good oral health and thus avoid risking losing your teeth is through regular teeth cleaning appointments. Our dental hygienist will take care of the build-up that regular brushing cannot remove. We’ll also take digital dental x-rays during your dental services visit.
- Dental Bridges – Dental bridges are a great way to replace missing teeth. Your existing teeth are used to literally create a bridge to cross the area where your tooth is missing. Bridges can be made from gold, metal, alloys or porcelain. They are strong and durable and are a great way to restore your great smile and also avoid structural changes to your mouth and jaw that result from missing teeth.
- Dental Crowns – Dental crowns can be made from porcelain, porcelain fused to metal, or a full gold crown. Most patients seem to prefer the natural look of a porcelain finished crown that has been matched to the shade of their other teeth. Dental crowns are used to cover weakened teeth.
- Partial Dental Crowns – Partial dental crowns are an option when your tooth is too damaged to support dental fillings, but not bad enough yet to need a full dental crown. Partial dental crowns are also referred to as dental onlays.
- Dental Inlays & Onlays – Both dental inlays & onlays are used to treat tooth damage on the surface. Inlays are used when the tooth decay has only affected the indented portion, whereas onlays are used when the indented surface and the tips are affected. Onlays are larger and are also referred to as partial dental crowns. They are used to strengthen the tooth, restore its shape and prevent further damage.
- Teeth Whitening – Keeping your teeth their whitest can be challenging thanks to all the things we eat and drink that discolour them. Teeth whitening is an excellent way to restore the natural color of your teeth. We can even make them whiter than normal if you desire. You could end up with a whiter smile by 4 to 8 shades!
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding is a procedure used to repair a decayed, fractured, chipped or discolored tooth. We can perform this in a single visit. It is generally considered a cosmetic dental procedure, as it can be used to close spaces between teeth or even change the shape of your teeth. It is not as strong as a natural tooth, so you will need to avoid things like chewing on ice to get the longest life from the procedure.
- Dental Fillings – Dental fillings involve the removal of the decayed area of your tooth and then filling the area with a dental filling. We apply the filling material in layers that harden before adding the next layer. This results in a secure filling that should stay in place for years. We can also use dental fillings to repair cracked or broken teeth in some cases.
- Tooth Extractions – There are times when tooth extractions are the only remaining option. The most common situation is wisdom tooth extractions. Impacted wisdom teeth are those that are coming in at an angle and not straight through the gum line. This causes pain and can potentially cause problems, such as infections. Sometimes just one wisdom tooth is a problem, but we can also remove all four wisdom teeth at once if necessary and desired.
- Root Canal – “Root canal” has become a scary term for dental patients to hear, but the benefits of the procedure and advances in dental technology have made it much less “scary”. Local anaesthetics and proper pain medication allow this dental service to be performed with little to no pain in most cases.
- Endodontics – Endodontics is the dental specialty that deals with the nerves of the teeth. When a tooth becomes infected, it is usually related to the nerves in the root of the tooth. This often results in a toothache. We use rotary endodontics, which is a revolutionary method of carrying out an endodontic therapy treatment.
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are an excellent way to redesign and reshape your entire mouth. Veneers are a very thin ceramic shell that covers your existing tooth structure. In placing these new dental veneers on your teeth, you are able to fix the look of issues, such as staining, cracked teeth, spaces, misaligned teeth, chipped teeth and many other issues.
For more information, Contact us today!